Ads Top

"Why we need a select + mass transfer button (with numbers!)"


#PokemonGO: Last night, as I was transferring pokemon from my latest play session, my wrists started hurting.Now I know this suggestion has been made before, so I wanted to measure how long it takes to transfer pokemon to understand exactly how bad the situation is.ResultsFor an average play session of a few hours I might catch 300 pokemon. Transferring 300 pokemon is:About 1400 screen taps.About 17 minutes and 30 seconds of time.For an all-out play session of 8 hours, I might catch 700 pokemon. Transferring 700 pokemon is:About 3300 screen taps.About 40 minutes and 50 seconds of time.This assumes some extra taps for game lag and non-responsiveness, and assumes no mistaps for timing (for example, you might mistakenly tap on the favorite button and then have to unfavorite the pokemon right after). These estimates are extremely conservative, and in the real world you will spend even more time transferring due to scrolling around, checking IVs, switching between species you're transferring, and so on.So far I have caught 6,730 pokemon. http://ift.tt/2bcMUMH 256 are in my inventory right now, which means I have spent (at a minimum) 6 hours and 20 minutes of time just clicking the menus to transfer pokemon. Wat.Test MethodFor all tests I am using both hands (right thumb to click the hamburger menu --> transfer, left thumb to click the yes dialog --> next pokemon). I am transferring at home over Wifi on a gigabit connection on an iPhone SE. When I hit the hamburger menu, I also spam tap to hit the transfer button as soon as possible.It takes 4 taps (+1 or 2 due to game lag and non-responsiveness) to transfer a pokemon.Test: Transfer 5 pokemon of the same species. Try to do it as fast as possible.Trial 1: 17.4s Trial 2: 17.7s Trial 3: 17.3s Trial 4: 17.4s Trial 5: 17.3s Trial 6: 17.7s Trial 7: 17.5s Trial 8: 17.3s Trial 9: 17.5s Trial 10: 17.6sAverage: 17.47s per 5 pokemon of same species (no breaks in scrolling) Average: 3.5s per pokemon of same species via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2byYL7D
"Why we need a select + mass transfer button (with numbers!)" "Why we need a select + mass transfer button (with numbers!)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:04 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.