Ads Top

"A Case to be made for Ice Beam Blastoise being an excellent Gym Defender"


#PokemonGO: I have not seen this discussed here formally so I wanted to bring it up. When I got my first (and to this point, only) Blastoise (bite, flash cannon) about a month ago I was disappointed that it didnt get gun/hydropump. Then I thought a little more about it and realized my vapes are better for attacking anyway, so what I really want out of Blastoise is a gym defender. I researched his optimal defensive movesets according to the charts posted on this site. Despite not being ranked as "the best", it became quickly apparent to me that the Blastoise I really want is bite/ice beam, regardless of the defensive dps statistics that do not account for type advantage.Grass is the most popular attacker against water mons and they will not be very happy to get smashed by Ice Beam (grass is weak to ice). In addition to that, grass mons resist water attacks but do not resist dark attacks, therefore bite > watergun.This sneaky type advantage is a huge boon for Blastoise's value in this game. I think this moveset easily elevates him into the top 20 defenders (recently saw a post rank him as the 21st best defender).I consider the bite/ice beam Blastoise to be by far the most desirable Blastoise in this game.What do you all think? Am I neglecting to take something else into consideration? Are their defensive rankings that actually consider type advantages? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dimpWT
"A Case to be made for Ice Beam Blastoise being an excellent Gym Defender" "A Case to be made for Ice Beam Blastoise being an excellent Gym Defender" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:18 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.