Ads Top

"First day at level 30 and losing motivation fast. What drives level 30+ players to keep playing?"


#PokemonGO: So after grinding out 50k XP daily for the last week or so, I finally reach level 30. The hype quickly wore off, and I'm not sure where to go from here.I am a suburban player, so I do have to drive everywhere in order to reach gyms and pokestops.Grinding evolutions for XP or even grinding candies for the dozen or so pokemon missing from my pokedex seems more trouble than it's worth. There's also the ever present moveset randomization that also kills motivation to keep evolving pokes.Wild pokemon at level 30 with good IV's are extremely rare, and I already have 20+ level 30 pokemon that are good to go just through natural progression through the game (still sitting on 350k stardust so decent management).With the CP scaling effectively cut in half after level 30, I'm struggling to see the utility of powering up any further.Gym errors and lag kills all motivation to stay at a gym for more than 5 minutes to collect your coins. While I never thought gym stagnation was an issue (in my area anyway), I enjoyed taking down high level gyms just for fun, and helping out with training up a gym even if I already had one of the top slots in the gym already. Since the latest update, I can't remember a time where a gym session lasting more than 10 minutes was not ended by a random gym error.I have experienced most of the bugs/issues reported in the subreddit, which definitely adds to the frustration, especially the issues with sightings and general lag.TL DR - I know this came across as a bit of a gripe fest especially towards the end, but this is just where I'm coming from. I am genuinely interested to know what keeps others motivated once you reach level 30. But the lack of gameplay and the sense of more-of-the-same does not motivate me to play through the remaining 18 million XP to get to level 40. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2evfVV9
"First day at level 30 and losing motivation fast. What drives level 30+ players to keep playing?" "First day at level 30 and losing motivation fast. What drives level 30+ players to keep playing?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 10:59 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.