Ads Top

"My Pokemon Go Related Study Took 1st Place in a Competition"


#PokemonGO: Back in October I had posted this post on the subreddit in order to recruit participants for a research study I was conducting on Pokemon Go for my undergraduate thesis.I had entered a Student Research Day competition at my school in order to present my Pokemon Go research. The people I was competing against in my division not only had impressive studies but some were graduate students from a think-tank who had prepared for months for this competition. On the other hand, due to a medical emergency in my family, I barely finished my slides the night before and only had the chance to do a run through 3 times on the day of.I skipped the awards ceremony because I honestly didn't think I did well compared to the others. But, I later received a bunch of messages saying that I won first place in my division. Now, I get to move on to Round 2 and if I place for a second time, I will get to represent my school in a statewide competition.Thank you to all of you who participated in my study. As an update on the research, my thesis is complete for the graduation requirement, however, I am now reframing and revising my work as an academic article. My goal is to present the research at a conference and try to get it published. My Professor suggested that I wait until then to share my findings so I will let you all know once the work is publicly available. Thank you again for all of your help. I would not have come this far without you all. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2maucfy
"My Pokemon Go Related Study Took 1st Place in a Competition" "My Pokemon Go Related Study Took 1st Place in a Competition" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:28 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.