Ads Top

"[Discussion] Gen 2 made diversity...worse?"


#PokemonGO: The excitement of Gen 2 has quickly turned into disappointment as it feels like we ended up with more trash spawns.My home town has always been bad for rarity, but was showing signs of life after the November update and the (unofficial) January one. The problem is, now instead of being something like:69% commons, 30% uncommon, 1% rareMy home town has become:40% gen 1 commons, 55% gen 2 commons, 5% everything else.The interesting Mons are now far fewer.Gen 2 was really exciting for me, but in my home town it ended after 36 hours. Once I caught Swinub/Sentret/Murkrow/Hoothoot/Ledyba and the 5 others that show up here, I was done. Literally within 36 hours the only "shadows" I was seeing were their evolved forms - Ledian, Ariados and Piloswine.What is worse is that Pidgey/Rattata/Weedle are all still there too. So the chance of finding the few Abra I still need from Gen 1, and which I was getting regularly just vanished. Also seeing less/no interesting stuff like Squirtle and Magikarp, but nothing cool from Gen 2 to take its place.Rare spawns globally are also seemingly reduced. E.g. there are clearly less dratini spawning from using some of the city-wide maps out there, but Larvitar is hardly taking their place.TLDR: The spawn chances now seem to heavily towards trash/common spawns of Gen 1/2. As a result my semi-rural home area is seeing less diversity, and only about 10-15 Mons from Gen 2 even show up here.Edit Sightings right now for me are Swinub, Sentret, Pidgey and Natu, and I'm "in range" of 3 Pokestops. Throw in a Spinarak and a Weedle, and a few Murkrow, Ledyba and Hoothoot and you basically have 95% of my entire home biome now. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2lu0sWK
"[Discussion] Gen 2 made diversity...worse?" "[Discussion] Gen 2 made diversity...worse?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:05 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.