Ads Top

""Have you noticed any performance improvements?" - Yes I have, and I can try to explain why you haven't."


#PokemonGO: TL;DR "Performance improvements" in the last pogo update means it uses less RAM, which lower-end devices benefit from and higher-end devices will see a drop in performance (but better memory management!)Since this question is asked every other day, I decided to make this thread.The performance improvements are more noticeable in lower-end devices. My pogo uses a lot less RAM (1 gb phone) and I can now leave the app and come back without it restarting. My GPS service no longer dies after 10 minutes of playing (which would require me to reboot the app every 10 minutes), I can now name my Pokémon (Swiftkey wouldn't even open before) and the app no longer crashes when looking at gyms level 5 and above.That being said, I've noticed a drop in FPS, specially when fighting gyms.I assume all of this is because Pogo no longer tries to keep everything in RAM, making it more suitable for people who have lesser RAM and making it more laggy for people have enough RAM to spare.For less tech-savvy people: Having things in RAM is good. It makes loading things smoother and transition between apps faster, but certain programs and apps will try to save many things in RAM, making the application a lot heavier. It's why your Google Chrome uses more memory than your operative system, probably.Again, if you have enough RAM to spare in your device, you benefit from apps that use more memory. If have a cheaper/older device, you'll struggle a lot more from apps that use more memory. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2l8uT8L
""Have you noticed any performance improvements?" - Yes I have, and I can try to explain why you haven't." ""Have you noticed any performance improvements?" - Yes I have, and I can try to explain why you haven't." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:45 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.