"Just finally hit level 30... and realised it killed most of my motivation to catch anything"

#PokemonGO: I think PGO just instantly turned itself into a distance counter when I hit level 30 yesterday.The below is fairly negative, so I want to preface this by saying I still enjoy the game and think it's great in a lot of ways. But I think my playtime (mostly daily previously) is going to nosedive now.The gulf from 30-31 is so huge that levelling up now occupies the same space as paying off my student loan - it might happen one day, but there's no point thinking about it.It's also another 5 levels before I get more store items from levelling up, and there are no more items to unlock. No incentive there since I can just spin for everything.Meanwhile the cost of powering up has become far too unbalanced to bother catching anything for stardust either. 6000 stardust and 6 candies to get 20-25 CP is hugely unrewarding. Plus my top 4-5 guys are 2700-3000, which is plenty for gym placements, and everyone else is strong enough or purposefully weak for prestiging.The holes in my dex are also all things that don't live in my area and I need to get from buddy walking or lucky nests (Houndoom, Granbull, etc) or stuff I have never seen (Larvitar and family, Snorlax, Aero, etc). So no real incentive to be glued to my nearby screen.So that leaves walking a succession of buddies, and hatching eggs until something that isn't Wooper or Sudowoodo.I suppose gyms are also still a thing, but I have a couple of safe ones (by my actual gym ironically) that already net me enough for an incubator a week most of the time. And I'm not fighting them for the sheer joy of mashing frost breath against five Dragonites in a row.Level 30+ players, any advice on keeping motivated? I want to keep playing but it feels like PGO will be forgotten without more to actually do. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2qSn86p
"Just finally hit level 30... and realised it killed most of my motivation to catch anything"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
23:09
Rating:


No comments