Ads Top

"Possible solution to the speedcap - a softer cut-off!"


#PokemonGO: I do a lot of biking and running while having pokemon go active, ether on my go+ or actively looking at the screen. Last week I went on a long run, 17.5 km and I was credited a measly 3.2 km despite having my go+ active and catching for the entire run. The cap at 10.5 km/h just feels so unrewarding when you are close to the cap. I normally run at speeds around 11-12 km/h, putting me just above the cap. So here comes my idea / solution whatever you want to call it.Make the cap a soft cap!By this, I mean, make the 10.5 km/h cap the maximum speed you are capable of getting distance from, but speeds of say up to 15 km/h will stil yield the same distance as if you were moving at 10.5 km/h. This makes running and biking at low speeds profitable for hatching egg, but without it being exploitable to the point of hatching eggs fast than how it is now.As an example, when moving at 10.5 km/h you gain distance at 43.75 m per server update each 15 seconds (correct me if I'm wrong on that). So with my suggestion, you would still gain the 43.75 m each 15 seconds, even if you were moving at say 14 km/h.Please Niantic, it feels SO unrewarding not even beeing able to gain distance when running at normal speeds..TL:DR: Gain distance up to say 15 km/h without breaking the current distance yield maximum. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2qSB4ME
"Possible solution to the speedcap - a softer cut-off!" "Possible solution to the speedcap - a softer cut-off!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 19:52 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.