Ads Top

"Report from a "Not Mad, Just Disappointed" attendee."


#PokemonGO: Report from a "Not Mad, Just Disappointed" Go Fest attendee.So, I was at Go Fest.It was a complete and utter disaster. If you weren't there, then I'm sorry, but you just really don't understand how terrible it was. The Live Stream did not do it justice.With that said, I'm not mad at yesterday - but it was a total disappointment.We got in line around 8:30 - which was a really great time to get there, as it seems every other attendee got there at 8:31 - the line pretty instantly grew to the insane lengths you saw.We got in about 10:30-10:45ish. In line, I was pretty much just using my GoPlus (but I did take a screenshot of the special stops that I shared with my local Facebook group!)... however, a friend pointed out there was a Mr. Mime in one of the gyms. Being only one of two regionals I don't have/don't have the shadow for, I was excited and clicked on the gym...And it went downhill from there.The app crashed and wouldn't reload the remainder of the time I was in line. This was about the last time I saw much of the game beyond the loading screen until about 2pm.At the entrance, they checked my bag (of course). I had a bottle of Advil in it. A tiny, travel-sized bottle. They called a medic over, who checked it out to verify it was Advil and she explained I could only bring in the daily dose - she'd have to throw the rest away. Sure, whatever. However, in the bag was a sandwich baggie. In that baggie was a small box. In that small box were five small battery packs along with four additional cell phone batteries, two alternate cell phones, and a couple of USB cables. But the guy who searched my bag would not know this, as he made no effort to look inside the box. (Also, the folks behind me were called out for their prescriptions, but I don't know what came of that, beyond the possible other posts on here regarding perscriptions). For those who waited hours after the gates opened to get in, this was why you waited so long. The bag check was so long (and everyone had backpacks). I know this is a necessity (although the lack of review inside my box didn't do much to make me feel it was effective), and I feel that it should have been basic common sense that the vast majority of folks would be bringing in bags of some type. With that in mind, there simply was not enough effort to get folks checked and in - there should have been at least one additional gate, fully staffed, letting folks in.(More - Fellow travellers - I am very sorry this is in a chain of something like ten comments, I'm on mobile and apparently went way over Reddit's character limit, so I tried to break it up while not losing anything I typed up.Tl:dr: Not mad, just disappointed. Niantic, you promised to learn from this. COMMUNICATION needs to be very high on the list of lessons you learn.) via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2uo8EP9
"Report from a "Not Mad, Just Disappointed" attendee." "Report from a "Not Mad, Just Disappointed" attendee." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 00:50 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.