Ads Top

"For those stressing out about excessive raids/events..."


#PokemonGO: I'm a completionist. My first Pokemon game was Crystal on the Gameboy Advance when I was about 10 years old. I remember finding it very frustrating that I didn't have anyone to trade with in order to get the mons that only evolved by trade. Or the very special legendaries that didn't even appear in the game I owned. I spent more time than what is healthy playing Ruby and Sapphire and trading with my brother on Fire Red and Leaf Green. I started memorizing stats, moves, abilities and all sorts of breeding techniques. Eventually I made the decision to go completely cold turkey and gave all of my games to my little brother if he promised me not to ask him about Pokemon any more.Fast forward to me being in my mid twenties and discovering that my Samsung S5 could run my old Pokemon games on an emulator! I relived all those childhood moments, gathering the right TM's and min/maxing the game to my furthest ability. I sort of got my wife into it, but she would lose patience a lot faster than me. Eventually I completed my first Dex with Emerald, albeit with only a few cheats for mons that were otherwise impossible to acquire.Then PoGo came out. Wow! I've had to force myself to be a casual player. I started on July 7th of last year and am level 32. I've played somewhat consistently up until the most recent raids update. Due to the nature of my job, I'm out traveling on 3-5 day trips and am back home for 2-5 day stretches. Lately when I've been home I've stressed myself out trying to capture ALL the legendary birds before they're gone for who knows how long. Catching Moltres on the 'last' day after being down 0/9 was stressful. I've been out in the rain with strangers to beat my first Tyranitar raid. I bought a couple great boxes so both my wife and I can enjoy the raids while they're here.So my point is I understand people when they say they need Niantic to give them a break from all these events. I also get the urge to want to take full advantage of these bonuses and the feeling of being left out when Japan gets way better events than we do. "It's not fair!" Right? But Niantic is a company with shareholders, employees to pay and goals. It's summer and kids are about to go to school, meaning this is the perfect time to ratchet up the profits and ride the legendary wave while it's still going. They're not some evil corporation for doing that. The reality is you are under no obligation to catch em all and you shouldn't be spending every waking moment trying rushing to take advantage of some event.Niantic is not screwing you over by doing seemingly endless events that you can't be a part of. You are perfectly capable of putting the phone down and doing what's enjoyable to you and playing PoGo or partaking in events when it is most convenient to you. So if you're stressing out about how much time or money you're spending on this game, it may be time to give yourself a little break instead of waiting Niantic to do it for you. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2hZf7Mh
"For those stressing out about excessive raids/events..." "For those stressing out about excessive raids/events..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:20 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.