Ads Top

"I soloed a Machamp using six different Pokemon with mediocre IVs and you can too!"


#PokemonGO: The team!Dragonite 3234 CP (12/11/15) DT/HEspeon 2600 CP (15/7/12) C/FSExeggutor 2503 CP (14/12/14) C/SoBAlakazam 2328 CP (13/10/13) C/FSGengar 2029 CP (13/8/14) SC/SBSlowbro 2015 CP (13/12/7) C/PRaid Boss: Machamp with Counter/Close CombatA little about me. I’m Level 33. I’ve only been on a handful of raids with other people, but have soloed all the Level 2 Raids and attempted all the Level 3s. I’ve come closest with Arcanine and Machamp.When people say that it’s easy to solo Machamp – just use your six Espeon with Confusion and Far Sight! – I tend to roll my eyes. I don’t have access to multiple copies of elite Pokemon so I make do with second or third tier. Instead of a fully powered up Machamp I have a bunch of PoliWrath, etc., etc., etc. As you can see, some of my Pokemon have pretty crappy IVs. I’ve gotten pickier as I’ve played the game, but if you are a Pokemon in the top third (over 66.7%) I will usually say Welcome to the Team. Also: please note that three of my Pokemon are under Level 30.I’ve been trying to solo Machamp for a long time. Tonight I finally succeeded, and I’m going to share how I did it!Practice. I spent months trying to solo Machamp and failed every time, but the process taught me three vital facts: 1. Don’t dodge. 2. Leave your two bulkiest Pokemon in the first and last spots and put the glass cannons in the middle. 3. Machamp hates Confusion. The third point is the most important.Research. Use Pokebattler’s Pokebox.If you don’t have multiple copies of the same Pokemon, go for the move. I don’t have six Espeon or Alakazams. What I do have is a bunch of Pokemon with Confusion, a move that knocks Machamp on his ass. So instead of using my 2609 ZH/SoB Exeggutor (as Pokebattler suggested) I opted for a 2015 C/P Slowbro. I’ve used the ZH/SoB Exeggutor against Machamp before without any luck, so I went for the better move rather than the better Pokemon. Slowbro might be a third or fourth tier Psychic Pokemon, but unlike certain other Pokemon (Alakazam) he can take a hit.I put the Dragonite first, Slowbro second, Alakazam third, Espeon fourth, Gengar fifth and Exeggutor sixth. I didn’t dodge. Unlike the other times I played, the Machamp didn’t knock everyone out so I lucked out with the moveset. All my Pokemon except Alakazam got off multiple charge moves, but I think it was all those Confusions that did it. I knocked the Machamp out with a Solar Beam with ten seconds to spare.I am by no means a Pokemon Go expert, yet I soloed Machamp and am living proof that you don’t need multiple copies of the same Pokemon or perfect IVs to succeed.EDIT: Sorry, should have mentioned this before. I have an iPhone 6. My carrier is Verizon Wireless. I did not experience any lag in this particular raid. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2xRSfl8
"I soloed a Machamp using six different Pokemon with mediocre IVs and you can too!" "I soloed a Machamp using six different Pokemon with mediocre IVs and you can too!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.