Ads Top

"My Thoughts On Sun And Moon As A Blind Pokemon Player."


Hey everyone. Several months ago I did an AMA explaining how I play Pokemon completely blind, which can be found here. Now that I have invested at least 100 hours into Moon, I figured I would give my feedback from my perspective.SoundsBy far, this is the game with the best sounds. Initially, I was worried I wouldn't be able to play this game because of the 3d movement, but the sounds of footsteps and how the change on different terrain has been really useful. It still bothers me how it only plays the bump sound once when bumping into a wall, instead of over and over if you keep running into it.SoundtrackTo me, the soundtrack was okay. There were a few hits like the Team Skull themes and it's variants, as well as the music when fighting Lusamine. Other than that, I've always felt that the OST over the generations has continuously gone down in quality. I also wasn't a huge fan of the champion music, not because it sounded bad, but because it was really loud. I had trouble hearing what pokemon were coming out because the music sort of overwhelmed every other sound.Common Issues In The GamePeople often take issue with the lack of a way to grind to level 100. Personally, I feel like everyone has been spoiled by Blissey Bases. I say that because Blissey Bases were too complex for me to use, so I just did what I've always done and grinded at the E4. However, this doesn't mean that there should be a better post-game level method besides grinding at the E4 because trust me, I hate it as well, just for different reasons.The game being too linear. It's funny because the more linear the game is, the more I enjoy is because it makes it easier to get through the routes.The hand holding. I personally can see why people hate it, but it didn't bother me, since I just skipped all the dialogue.Festival Plaza. I personally love FP because of how simplistic it is; the very reason people hate it. It's really easy for me to use the touch screen to wonder trade and battle with others.My Issues With The GameThe PC. I, personally, don't like the new PC system because it makes it a bit more tedious to sort my mons. Before, I could just mash A over and over to deposit my mons and the PC would organize them for me. NOw, I actually have to meticulously search for an empty spot to drop my mon into. If I accidentally deposit a mon onto another mon, then that mon goes into my party: it can get pretty hectic.I really miss X to close the party menu.The menus feel slower than older games.Things I LoveThe menus. In previous games, if you held down an arrow in the menus, it would wrap endlessly. Now, I can hold down an arrow, and the curser will stop at the bottom of the menu.I like how it plays a sound when giving a mon a Z Crystal.I really love how the sound track isn't so intrusive. In older games, the soundtrack was all up in your ears, which made it difficult to tell if I was bumping into a wall. This is one of the reasons I don't play ORAS a ton. While gen 3 is my favorite, I just can't get use to the loud soundtrack.Let me know if there is anything you want me to address. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2x1NZBR
"My Thoughts On Sun And Moon As A Blind Pokemon Player." "My Thoughts On Sun And Moon As A Blind Pokemon Player." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:10 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.