"Pokemon Conquest: The Forgotten (And Arguably Best) Pokemon Game"

I guess the best way to start off would be by stating my motivation for creating this post--listening to the OST. Now, before assuming that everyone, especially younger members, knows the game that I am referencing, I will explain what Pokemon Conquest is essentially about (through my eyes). Beginning a very brief description, Pokemon Conquest was a game released for the DS in 2012, blending together a feudal-Japanese-themed kingdom conquering game with Pokemon, most significantly being a turn-based game with Pokemon moving on a grid. If you want more information, look here: http://ift.tt/2yw7PDI on, I just feel as though the game is an underappreciated jewel that needs to be resurrected from the grave, especially since the sheer level of epicness that is present in the game would make for an AMAZING Nintendo Switch game.Moving on to my (spoiler-free) experience, I must say that the game took a long while for me to become attached to it, for several reasons. For the average Pokemon player (which I am), the battle system, warrior/warlord recruitment system, and overall style of the game made form an initially overwhelming experience. Even so, there is one factor that essentially makes or breaks the game--the amount of time that each battle takes. Truly, a battle against a warlord can take AGES, which proves to be the case multiple times. Imagine your longest Pokemon battle ever, and multiply that by at least two. Yeah, and you can expect battles of that length forever throughout the game. With all this in mind, it's no wonder that I ended up putting the game down very early on. However, there was something about me that just wanted to continue, and thus I eventually did. Thank goodness, actually, as for that particular reason, I was able to learn that the complexity and epicness of the game is what makes it enjoyable, and so much more so than any main series or spin-off Pokemon game. Truly, the more you play, the more your condition improves, and thus the more fun the game becomes.Forming an understandable analogy, it's like writing an essay on whatever you want, but with a lot of information being asked for; as you research, you realize that writing the essay isn't as bad as you thought it would be, if even bad whatsoever. In the end, the fact that the essay requires you to put so much time and effort into it makes it all the more enjoyable, as you have more and more fun researching, although at that point it doesn't even feel like researching whatsoever. Hopefully, I explained myself quite well.As for those who read this, thoughts or questions? via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2i74oNz
"Pokemon Conquest: The Forgotten (And Arguably Best) Pokemon Game"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
02:31
Rating:


No comments