Ads Top

"Dear Silph Road: A newbie’s wishlist."


#PokemonGO: As a newbie, I have found myself wishing for some things here that would help me become a better player, in keeping with the community’s third listed purpose, “Helping newbies improve and learn”. To be sure, I value all the information and good company I have found here, but it has been hard to get up to speed. In hopes of fostering some dialog about things the community could develop and offer, here is a wishlist of things that would help current and recent-past me. I think they could be useful to help grow and sustain the Silph Road, and the hobby in general.Maybe these things already exist here or elsewhere, and I just can’t find them, but that’s a problem in itself because hours spent combing the internet and finding just the right search terms for things I don’t know how to search for because I don’t know them yet, are hours I could be actually playing the game. Sidebar pointers? Wiki entries? Videos? I don’t care so much where they exist or what form they would take, just that they be stable in location and findable.A glossary of jargon terms such as counter, breakpoints, etc.A list of breakpoints independent of specific raid bosses.Guidelines for choosing raid fighters that doesn’t presume we have been playing hard since the beginning and have every legendary or other optimal counter. I want to contribute to raids in a meaningful if small way now, not months from now when I’ve had a chance to build the perfect stable.Introductions for people who are late bloomers and haven't played Pokemon games in other formats, and are missing valuable contextual knowledge.Introductions to basic game mechanics and strategies that are up to current conditions and not dating from July 2016how to get the most from the game with limited time to devote to it.articles on the different ways people play the game depending on what they most enjoy about it.Detailed how-tos for things like getting the most out of lucky eggs, and why you might or might or might not want to prioritize XP over other goalsHow-tos for backpack management and optimization.How to connect with other players and build a good local community.I'm sure it's clear I've already picked up or pieced together some of the knowledge I'm suggesting. I just think it would be a gift to future newbies if we could help this way. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2BlwRb0
"Dear Silph Road: A newbie’s wishlist." "Dear Silph Road: A newbie’s wishlist." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:27 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.