Ads Top

"I got an Ex pass and caught MewTwo. It still was not fun."


#PokemonGO: To start on a positive note, the upside to the story is that I have a nice 89% Mewtwo and I don't have to be salty anymore. I really feel bad for everyone who is still waiting, I felt the same way until a week ago when my Ex pass showed up. I don't care if I never get another one, at least it's in my Dex.But I'm writing this not to compain about the waiting and randomness (plenty of other discussion about that), but instead to complain that ACTUAL ex-raid experience sucked.First of all, it was at a Starbucks, about a mile from my house. I live in a big city so I was just going a bit out of the way on weekends to hit up all the Starbucks and Sprint stores with raids at any level once it became clear that was the way. The RNG finally came through for me.First problem: My son already had a (small) birthday party scheduled at the exact time of the Ex-Raid. I knew my kids would be disappointed if we missed maybe our only chance to catch MewTwo (it's their favorite Pokemon too), so fortunately, we were able to contact the other kids and reschedule the party, and the party turned out fine. But that was a totally unnecessary inconvenience.Second problem: My whole family came with me to the Starbucks, although only I had the raid pass. We arrived an hour early to try to take the gym, we're all Valor, and the Ex gym was being held by Mystic. However, it was clear from the similar names of the 6 gym members that it was 6 related accounts, and the lead Pokemon was a CP3219 Blissey (if anyone follows the stats, that's a 100% lvl 40 Blissey). My family and I beat down that Blissey about 50 times in the first half hour, but it was always at full motivation. Since the limit per berry feeded is 10 per hour per user, obviously the multi-account cheater was determined to keep the gym and had a virtually unlimited number of accounts and goldens to do it. So we eventually decided we didn't have a hope in hell and just gave up and did other stuff for the next 30 minutes until the raid.Then there was the Starbucks itself. I looked around and asked other people using their phones if they were playing PoGo, nobody was. Not outside the building either. So the raid time started, since I hadn't seen anybody else playing I just entered the lobby, it filled up to 20 in seconds. Obviously, MewTwo was beaten very quickly, and I managed to get 1 damage ball by using 1 SC/SB Gengar and 3 B/Cr Tyranitars before it ended. Team red also got 1 team ball, so I had 8. Fortunately, I caught MewTwo on the first throw, so that part of the day was successful.Then we waited around for about 15 more minutes to finish our coffees and see if any other real players would show up, nobody did. So I essentially beat MewTwo with 19 spoofers and didn't meet a single player.All in all a very disappointing experience, from August when MewTwo was announced, until yesterday when I got mine. Now that my dex is complete except for 3 regionals, I think I'm basically done playing. (2 of which I can get on a family trip to Disneyworld)I don't want to want to put all the blame on spoofers, either. Many of them are doing it for commercial reasons, and accounts with Mewtwo sell for hundreds of dollars on grey market sites, so they have a huge financial incentive to ruin the game. I blame Niantic for not understanding human nature, economics, and game theory, and building such a terrible system for distributing the game's premier prize. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2ByNj6j
"I got an Ex pass and caught MewTwo. It still was not fun." "I got an Ex pass and caught MewTwo. It still was not fun." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 02:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.