Ads Top

"The story of X&Y and my College life. (Yes, its a huge wall text)"


Three years ago, I started college. Everything started fine during the first months. I went to college in the morning, back to my home, my brother would put an episode of X&Y during lunch (which was airing daily on the LATAM version at that moment). I was making friends and didn't worry too much about study, since I was an A student at my school. I was having fun.I didn't expected it at that time, but everything started going downhill pretty fast. I got destroyed on my exams, couldn't pass any of the 4 finals I attended. My average in college was 2.25 out of 10. Just in my first semester. I had a stage of depression and didn't left my house for three or four weeks. I felt ashamed of myself.The LATAM dub ended at 52ish episodes and I was so down at that moment that started watching the originals non-stop. I saw Serena fail in her showcase. And it felt like I was hit by a truck. It was so relatable. So real. Her crying alone in the docks with her Pokémon, like I cried alone in the rooftop of my house at night so anybody could see me, just with the company of my dogs.She cut her hair, but my hair has always been short, so I cut and threw away all my wristbands and bracelets I had since I was a child (I had like ten on each arm). The ones gifted by my friends and family, the ones I bought with my hard earned money. It was symbolic, but I was so hurt that I didn't mind losing them. I focused so much on studying and working hard. I watched every week Ash destroying his opponents during the mid-series like it was nothing. I watched Serena cry of happiness again when she won her first key. Again, just like I cried when I finally passed those horrible exams, 6 months later.And on late XY&Z, I felt so proud when she got to be the best, bar Aria or whatever her name was. I found her dance so much better than the queen's, and felt rigged by the status quo. Didn't mind. She was a winner in my eyes. Can't say the same about the outcome of the Kalos League. I told to myself: "If this kid makes it, I swear there's nothing I can't achieve".I put all my convictions, all my will to keep going with 5 long years of college on that last battle. And in the end, Greninja was on the ground. It tore me apart. "Why, after all that hard work, he doesn't get rewarded", is what I thought.I lost my will. The Team Flare Arc and the next weeks of my life felt so sour. I didn't care if that world just exploded and ended just like Clemont's robot did. The sad goodbyes were not emotional for me, the kiss was just fanservice in my eyes. And right at the end, sparkling words shining in the night sky."And to our own way."My own way. Doing things my own way. I tried all these years to be stronger, to be smarter, to try harder. I wasn't happy doing that. I was just obsessed on being as succesful in my life as these fictional characters were in their fictional world.Not "a new adventure begins!" kind of message. The last message they gave me wasn't to be the best, just to fail at it like Ash. It was to be me, with my strengths and flaws. To know that I don't NEED to be the best, but I can live happily stretching my legs in the 2nd or 3rd place backseat, with little to no effort whatsoever and enjoying my young life to the fullest.Im starting the 4th year of my Accountant Carreer in a couple of months. I don't watch the new series anymore (though I heard it's pretty dope), but I sure as hell remind myself everyday to do things on my own way.I don't even know why I wrote all this. Who would even read it? I guess it doesn't matter. At least I'll be able to re-read a couple of years in my future, once I have the degree on my hands. And I promise I'll post it here! Just wait for it! via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2BshyNM
"The story of X&Y and my College life. (Yes, its a huge wall text)" "The story of X&Y and my College life. (Yes, its a huge wall text)" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:21 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.