Ads Top

"Interactive pokémon database"


So if you're anything like me, you're always strolling around Kanto, Johto, Alola etc. with a browser tab open on bulbapedia or pokemondb. The thing is, while I love the completeness of the information provided, the interface is a bit too heavy for the kind of quick and dirty usage I make of it while playing. Usually I'm repeatedly looking up pokemon types for battles, or want to take a quick look at a moveset to see if a pokémon is worth catching, or repeatedly want to know which pokémon I can find on this road etc. etc. Each jump requires loading a whole new page, and looking up the same type of information again and again. I realized it would be nice if there were a browsable, dynamic, pokémon database out there, where I would only have to type "Pidg" into a search bar and Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot's info would just dynamically appear right under the search bar as I type. What specific info would appear would also be entirely up to me (next to the search bar you could just have check boxes to tell the system what you want to see). It would be easy to also make the system smart enough to figure out what you're looking for. Just typing TM01 would immediately tell you where to find it, and will only show you the info for the generation you're interested in if you've marked that in your filters. As far as I can tell, nothing of the sort is really out there...​So of course I figured what the hell, why not just make one myself. I've already gotten started and have most of the data model sketched out. Filling the data and building an API on top of the whole thing should only be a matter of a few days each. The actual website might be a little trickier given how noobish I am at front end stuff, but this doesn't really require anything too fancy so I should be able to get it done in a reasonable amount of time. What I'm really interested in with respect to the pokémon community is, quite simply, to know if this is something you'd be interested in. In a few words, here are my questions for you :How interested in this are you ? How often do you think you would use it ?What kind of display filters would you like to see ?Would you enjoy a "mixed" search bar or prefer separate search bars per search type ? (By mixed I mean you could type either "Squirtle" or "TM01" and get results).Please feel free to also leave any general comments you might have about the whole project ! via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2SRHSIH
"Interactive pokémon database" "Interactive pokémon database" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 15:09 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.