Ads Top

"There is a boycott against OPR due to the recent $15 charge Niantic implemented for anomalies (Ingress' major events.) Get ready for longer PoI approval waits."


#PokemonGO: I have over 100 submissions in limbo. Starting back in May. I know I've created a backlog of submissions for my stomping grounds. I'm at the point where I don't want to submit anything, I know it'll just delay my pending submissions.I support the protest. Hell, I'd support a protest over OPR itself. There are far too many things Niantic is letting go by the wayside. Their disconcern is [REDACTED] annoying. But oh man, they sure "tried" by giving us boosts in OPR, right?Even before this boycott, OPR was back to the same flatline as before the boosts. I don't think it'll change anything anytime soon. But that's my cynicism I guess.I was stunned when Niantic reverted the PvP "update" that broke the entire system of PvP. People were up in arms on Twitter. With how rare it is for Niantic to listen and the difference in sheer number of players for Ingress, I don't think this boycott will be any sort of pressing matter for them.But, ya know, it's totally reasonable to pay $15 to a company that expects and receives, I don't even want to begin to think about how many unpaid man hours players spend on prepping for and running anamolies. Not to mention the free labor for all the other events. And everything that goes into the portal network. Submitting PoI, adding photospheres, contributing to Google maps, contributing to OSM, OPR itself...EDIT: grammar via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2kXoy1e
"There is a boycott against OPR due to the recent $15 charge Niantic implemented for anomalies (Ingress' major events.) Get ready for longer PoI approval waits." "There is a boycott against OPR due to the recent $15 charge Niantic implemented for anomalies (Ingress' major events.) Get ready for longer PoI approval waits." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:11 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.