Ads Top

"Probably unpopular opinion: I don't like that the age of the protagonist is always 10-12"


I know I'm going to get a lot of responses saying that these games are meant for kids, hence why you play as one and starting out, you have to be 10-12 and any older doesn't make sense for your first Pokemon. But I've never liked playing as a child in these games, even when I was one back in gen 1 days.I know the characters are supposed to be relatable to the children that play them, I get that, but I've never liked how this child character can go around beating gym leaders and can eventually beat the (adult) champion. I always thought it looked so stupid having a champion being a generic looking child when you beat the game.I kinda wish there was some kind of aging system in the game so that when you eventually meet the Elite Four and take on the champion, you're possibly in your early 20s or something. So maybe you start out as a kid but the more badges you get the older you get? Or maybe choose your age group from the beginning.Not really spoilers, but I thought it was always silly in Sword and Shield how Leon talks about back when he gave you your first Pokemon and how much it's grown, but you're still the same smiling, expressionless child that hasn't aged at all.I know this might make me sound like a loser posting this, but has anyone else ever thought this? via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2NiOKyn
"Probably unpopular opinion: I don't like that the age of the protagonist is always 10-12" "Probably unpopular opinion: I don't like that the age of the protagonist is always 10-12" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:01 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.