Ads Top

"Don't have enough resources to truly compete in the Master League? Come join me on Team Chaos! Help shift the meta!"


#PokemonGO: I've been dreading Master League.I'm a free-to-play rural player who downloaded this game the day it was released and has played every day since. I consider myself a "lucky" rural player, since there's a gym within a five minutes' walk from my work and there are two pokestops within a five minutes' walk from my house. So I can get my coins and tasks every day, and occasionally solo a three-star raid. I reached level 38 a few weeks ago and was excited, since this technically meant I could power up my team to Level 40 and maybe I wouldn't be so far behind the rest of the Master League.Nope. I got crushed. Although I consider my PvP skills fairly good (3,300 / Rank9 / ~75% win rate in GL + UL), I just had no answers for the players who were rolling out a team of CP4000+ legendaries. I think I lost my first 28 battles in Master League before finally getting a favorable matchup.That's when I decided to embrace Team Chaos. It's no fun battle team after team of Level 40 (or Level 41), perfect IV, double-charge-moved Dialga, Giratina, and Heatran. So now I'm in petty mode. I scrapped my team of low-tier meta (3600 Mewtwo, 3000 Kyogre, and 3200 Moltres) and decided to piece together a team of meta-beaters. Forget balance, forget coverage, forget everything except for punishing Dialga and Giratina. Let's do this.I ended up repurposing some of my best gym attackers/defenders, which were already mostly powered up. Their IVs aren't great, but that doesn't matter since I don't really care about mirror matches. Now, my team is a CP3100 Snorlax, a CP3200 Mamoswine, and a CP2800 Swampert. Sometimes I mix in my CP3500 Rhyperior from the last community day. Sometimes I mix in my CP3000 Machamp. Sometimes I mix in my CP3400 Metagross that didn't get Meteor Mash but it doesn't even matter because I'm only using it to hit Dialga with Earthquake.The best part is that I've upped my ML win percentage from 0/5 to a little under 2/5. No, wait, that's the second-best part. The best part is that I'm beating these cookie-cutter teams while still being easy fodder for creative teams. I actually enjoy this. Like, yeah, I'm designed to beat the top ~5 meta picks. If you show up with a Machamp or a Glaceon or a Yanmega, I'm going to struggle. If you built a team around your Leaf Blade Gallade, I'm absolutely toast. And I actually like that. If I'm going to lose to somebody (and face it, I'm going to lose to lots of people), I'd rather lose to the people who have personalized their teams.If you feel the same way, and ever want to see ML become something other than Dialga + Giratina + Heatran/Melmetal/Kyogre/Mewtwo, there's no time like the present. Get yourself some meta-beaters and "be the change you wish to see in the world." via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2TlS9i9
"Don't have enough resources to truly compete in the Master League? Come join me on Team Chaos! Help shift the meta!" "Don't have enough resources to truly compete in the Master League? Come join me on Team Chaos! Help shift the meta!" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:35 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.