Ads Top

"A talk on how the way I play has changed."


#PokemonGO: I started playing in 2016, and as everyone here will say, it was a beautiful time for it. Roaming around, going to woodland areas and water areas to see the different pokemon spawn. Hyping about roaming the stone jetty nearby to get that super exclusive gyarados that someone once said to have spawned. It was truly amazing. Definitely flawed, but even without all the interacritivity in terms of friends being there and trading etc. It felt good.Today I play very differently. Log on everyday, to keep an eye out for event pokemon candies, and any potential weird raids to pop up. My dex are almost full of all available pokemon (bar a few legendaries I missed). Now all it is to me is a numbers game. Getting the correct pokemon so that my chances in battle league are slightly above average, binning off any "dead weight" and rarely ever trading. It feels as though the game has become antithetical to it's original intent. My collection is a zoo of absurdly finely-picked pokemon, powered to the perfect level, which mean very little to me. There isn't much investment I can put into them. I hoard all of the good ones, and very rarely on occasion toss one or two that I don't need to a friend, for the research. Bar a few gifts sent begrudgingly back and forth since I don't need the items, that's all the interaction I have with other players. I mean at most I've done maybe 40 trades ever.I had a surreal moment a few weeks ago, between events. A friend and I went out to that stone jetty, and water pokemon were spawning as they did years ago, and it jolted me back to that feeling. I feel like the events system encourages regular play, but destroys that notion of 'let's go look in that area, might be cool stuff that spawns'.I post this loving diatribe because I'm wondering how other people would describe this feeling, and to dig deeper into understanding how I feel with it myself. I want to know; how has it changed for you? What you have done to combat that feeling? Do you hold any hope of getting any of that feeling back? What changes would you want (that aren't new) to enjoy this game like you used to? via /r/pokemongo https://ift.tt/3apVki5
"A talk on how the way I play has changed." "A talk on how the way I play has changed." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 18:58 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.