Ads Top

"I didn't trust Nintendo/GameFreak to make Pokémon Legends so I made Pokémon Legends Bidoof,"


Howdy, I checked with the mods before posting this to make sure it was okay!​Big Pokémon fan here and also small game dev, I am excited about the new game but due to some... trust issues from previous 3D pokémon games I decided to challenge myself to make a 3D pokemon game in two weeks!I call it... Pokémon Legends Bidoof!Here is a small 35-second clip of it! : https://ift.tt/3H3f5Kw has everything from roaming (and following) pokémon to catching and battling in! Pokémon music integrated as well as a lot of the models and animations!I know its rough around the edges but I challenged myself to make this within two weeks! I hope you enjoy!I also made a very stupid video about this which you are more than welcome to watch and throw hate at if you would like! It's mostly me being ranty for no reason while making small sketches and then showcasing the game demo https://youtu.be/XTALjbBP7IMEDIT: Getting a few of the same questions and comments so I thought I'd do a little FAQThe animations and models used were from the Pokémon X&Y... Sun and Moon and Sword and Shield games. I read somewhere that GF has been using the same assets since X&Y and when I did some investigation but ripped into the game files myself I discovered the same thing. I felt a bit more at ease by using these models because 1 this was a fun little challenge I set myself, and 2 if game freak hasn't been making the models for the past three games then why should I take a big portion of my time making pokemon, rigging them and animating them? I made adjustments to the assets to make them work and look better but other than that the pokemon models are from the 2013 game!"How did you make it? Can I play it?"I used UE5 and Blender to make this, the models were ripped from the DS games (I sacrificed a DS to get them) and I have a background in game development and I currently work within the industry as my full-time job! No, you can not play it, I'd love to share it with you but it's really a small demo and I feel it's breaking some laws by distributing it.​"Why can't GF make something like this?"Well they probably could but they want to make their own stuff! GF is filled with people much more talented than I and I am sure why their 3D pokemon games have come out so... "rough" is down to a few factors. Inexperience with making efficient 3D game engines, the aggressive timeframes they seem to be in these days, the switch isn't super powerful so of course it will have it's drawbacks and one I think is a big one; Mostly repurposing using assets made for the 3DS games"The switch is super weak and your computer is super powerful! Of course, it will look higher res!"This is a great point! I was running this demo off a laptop from 2015/2016 (I can't remember fully) and it was outputting at 1080p ."This looks super bad and janky, you bad"Well, thank you very much, random internet person! Obviously, it's not going to be amazing! I am a single developer who has a full-time job and did this in my free time over the span of two weeks! With more time and money obviously, I could have done better! This was a fun challenge for me to give myself and obviously I shouldn't spend too much time on something that Nintendo possibly hires a hitman for."PLA Looks so much better! Look at the leaks!"I really have been trying to keep away from the leaks and I have only seen promotional material from PLA so far. I am hearing good things and I am excited to play!​ via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/32tOzuT
"I didn't trust Nintendo/GameFreak to make Pokémon Legends so I made Pokémon Legends Bidoof," "I didn't trust Nintendo/GameFreak to make Pokémon Legends so I made Pokémon Legends Bidoof," Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.