Ads Top

"I did some testing and can confirm defending Pokémon gain ~0.5 Energy per HP lost, which is an important factor as Defending Pokémon have double HP"


#PokemonGO: I did a very small test today because I wanted to find out more about how defending Pokémon gain energy.Here's a few things that you may not already know but have been researched and observed from my tests:Attacking Pokémon gain ~0.5 energy per HP lost (in addition to energy generated from quick moves)Defending Pokémon quick moves have an extra 2 seconds between attacks (that's why Steel Wing is better for defending on Dragonite)Defending Pokémon gain the same energy from quick moves as Attacking PokémonDefending Pokémon gain ~0.5 energy per HP lost, and they have twice the HP (this effectively means the EPS boost from stamina is doubled for Defending Pokémon)I tested against a 1052 CP Vaporeon, first I just let it attack me without attacking it for the entire 100 seconds. It used Aqua Tail (50 energy) after 7.25 Water Guns (average). Water gun generates 7 energy, so 7*7.25 = 50.75 which makes sense.Then I tried again while constantly attacking it, and after it was down to ~24 HP it used Aqua Tail for the third time after only using Water Gun 7 times (including the double attack at the start). The 7 Water Guns would have provided 49 Energy, so in that time the energy generated from HP lost must be 202+. Given that it lost ~242HP in that time I've made the assumption that the energy generated is approximately 1 energy per HP lost. (I assumed 133HP for a Vaporeon of that CP (266 HP while defending) but I don't know for sure since it wasn't mine).I've updated my Attacking/Defending ranking spreadsheet using a metric that boosts EPS for attackers and defenders (2x boost) based on their Stamina, but the pure offense tab remains unchanged as it assumes dodging. It's not a very accurate way of incorporating this new information, but it's a bit too complicated for me since it now depends on the attacking and defending Pokémon's level and such.Defender RankNameBest Quick MoveBest Special Move1SnorlaxZen HeadbuttHyper Beam2LaprasIce ShardIce Beam3DragoniteSteel WingDragon Pulse4ExeggutorConfusionSolar Beam5PoliwrathBubbleHydro Pump6MukPoison JabSludge Bomb7SlowbroConfusionPsychic8VaporeonWater GunHydro Pump9VenusaurRazor LeafPetal Blizzard10ArcanineFire FangFlamethrowerAttacking EPS boost = 0.5*Stamina/(Average Battle Duration)Defending EPS boost = Stamina/(Average Battle Duration)I've set "average battle duration" to 50 seconds in my spreadsheet. Please keep in mind my spreadsheet rankings are very simplified, so if you are seeking a more accurate analysis check out this spreadsheetEdit: Also important to note that my spreadsheet does not factor dodge windows, so Blizzard is still the best move for Lapras as you can't dodge it. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2azRcKT
"I did some testing and can confirm defending Pokémon gain ~0.5 Energy per HP lost, which is an important factor as Defending Pokémon have double HP" "I did some testing and can confirm defending Pokémon gain ~0.5 Energy per HP lost, which is an important factor as Defending Pokémon have double HP" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 11:24 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.