Ads Top

"PSA - Discovering Pokemon at Gyms and Seen/Caught Ratios"


#PokemonGO: I've seen a lot of people commenting on how the new gym sighting system will throw off their catching ratios. After going from gym to gym I thought I'd share my findings to everyone.Lets start with Pokemon I've never even seen before (Lapras, Nidoqueen, Nidoking etc..). After seeing them in gyms they now appear as shadows in my Pokedex with the stats Seen:1 Caught:0. This doesn't change if I view a dozen Lapras at different gyms or the same gym.For Pokemon I've seen and caught before (Snorlax for this example), the Pokedex stats remain at Seen:2 Caught:2. The seen stat doesn't seem to increase at all. Your seen stat will not skyrocket to obscene levels.From this, I've come to the conclusion that viewing Pokemon in gyms won't increase the stats in your Pokedex; unless you've not seen it at all before; in which case it will go to Seen:1. I've come to the assumption that there's some finicky coding that doesn't allow the seen stat to go below 1. It makes sense to me, you should have to see the Pokemon at least once for it to show up the the Pokedex right?Personally I like the change, I'd rather have a slightly askew stat indicator than a Pokedex full of question marks. Although I know others wont agree.Edit: Just tested something else with Poliwrath. I'd never seen one before, saw him in a gym Seen:1 Caught:0. After evolving one I'm now at Seen:2 Caught:1. Looks like the first sighting is permanent. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dTSvvb
"PSA - Discovering Pokemon at Gyms and Seen/Caught Ratios" "PSA - Discovering Pokemon at Gyms and Seen/Caught Ratios" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 14:47 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.