Ads Top

"How Pokémon Go saved my life over and over"


#PokemonGO: I'm not even sure why I'm sharing but here goes. First, 2016 can suck it. I didn't start playing until after the launch. I thought, 'how fun could it be? I'm almost 41 and have better things to do. Ok, fine, I'll give in to the peer pressure and I'll play'Two weeks later, I'm having an emergency hysterectomy to save my life. Can't lift anything, can't go back to work, can't stomach food. But I could play. I had severe post op depression and the only way to get me out of the house was to go play.I become obsessed. Spending hours and hours learning anything I could.The fog starts to lift and I'm back at work. I work at an adult store managing sales and doing sex education. I'm at work strategizing the Halloween event and get held up at gunpoint. He cocks the gun in my face as I grab the money. Thankfully, no one is hurt. But it was another blow in an already crap year. I don't want to do anything. I wonder if I should skip the Halloween event because nothing feels safe. But I don't. I keep on playing. I start walking things close to evolving, I force myself to get out and play. Force myself to talk to people at the local hot spot.The election happens and my Facebook blows up. People know I've been an activist for a long time. My mom is Mexican, my dad Pakistani. Not an easy time for my family. I don't know how to help. Don't know how to ease fear. Don't know how I feel. But I know if I walk to find Snorlax, or try to hatch a Magnemite (WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO GET IN MY STATE?), I know I'll have a few moments to clear my head and brace myself for the next thing. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2fblp8n
"How Pokémon Go saved my life over and over" "How Pokémon Go saved my life over and over" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:06 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.