Ads Top

"Training the next generation of Pokemon masters..."


I'm a primary (elementary) school teacher. A few weeks ago when we were getting ready to go home one of the children asked me if I played Pokemon Go. I explained my love of Pokemon and from then on the kids always told me if they caught anything new. Sensing an opportunity to teach the children something I am actually an expert in, I started a Pokemon club at lunchtime one day a week. This proved popular and a lot of the children who didn't know anything about Pokemon wanted to come. We learnt about the main games and the anime and the fabled generation 2. They like drawing me pictures.Learning by doing is the most effective so I brought in my DS last week and, figuring it was a good starting point, decided we could play Leaf Green collaboratively. It's quite hard with the small screen but I can't use an emulator at school. It's slow going but they're making the decisions, doing the battling and catching themselves, and having a great time.They're very proud of our little team:-Squeaky the Squirtle (currently poisoned)-Tweetbeak the Pidgey-Buzy the Weedle (they know it will evolve into a Beedrill)-Lucy the Caterpie (our first female Pokemon so the girls were happy!)We've literally just beaten the first bug catcher, but no one's fainted yet!Friday is the last day before the holidays so we can watch a movie in the afternoon. They wanted the "Pokemon Movie with Mewtwo". I won't be complaining. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2gF9bFT
"Training the next generation of Pokemon masters..." "Training the next generation of Pokemon masters..." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:38 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.