Ads Top

"My most annoyingly amazing in-game battle to date."


First, a little context.Pokémon Emerald is probably my favorite game in the series, it's definitely my most-played. My favorite thing to do is make theme-based teams to both make the game more challenging, while also making me use mons I would never usually use. It's really fun and I definitely suggest you guys try it out! Some example teams I've done include a Water Gym Leader team consisting of all water types, and most recently, a monochromatic green team. This playthrough's theme is a monochromatic black team. I chose Mudkip as my starter to help me along the rough beginnings, and caught a Poochyena and a Silcoon and am currently grinding them up.OKAY, HERE IT GOES. So, Poochyena SUCKSSSS so much early game. I thought its impish nature would make it a bit more viable but it literally makes no difference when you're trying to grind from level 3. I opted to catch a Silcoon rather than gamble with a Wurmple, only to raise the Wurmple up to level 7 and have it evolve into a Cascoon, which wouldn't fit the theme. I figured it would save time in the end to just catch a Silcoon (which max out at level 5 in the wild) and go from there. So I've spent the last two hours using a piss poor Poochyena (not it's nickname, but it's in the conversation now) as the muscle to switch-train a Silcoon, which only knows Harden.But, I've trudged along and made good progress. Poochyena is lv 10, Silcoon Lv 9, and Mudkip lv 9. I'm on the route just north of Rustboro. I'm facing the Youngster with a lv 9 Machop, knowing it would be a tough battle, but would yield the largest chunk of exp to date. I send out Silcoon, and switch into Mudkip, knowing the Machop has Low Kick. Machop sets up a Focus Energy, Mudkip hits it with a few Mud-Slaps, then two Tackles, before going down to a crit. Machop is at about half-HP. I send in Piss Poor Pooch knowing it's an uphill battle, and whiting out is very possible. Pooch MISSES his first Tackle, but dodges a Low Kick. Okay, good. It lands two Tackles, the Machop setting up two unnecessary Leers, which is the equivalent of it flexing it's calf muscles at Pooch, knowing what's to come. Machop is down to very-low red. If Pooch can land just one Tackle, we can wi--IT MISSES THE TACKLE AGAIN, Machop Low Kicks Pooch so hard it basically vaporizes into a cloud of fur and inadequacy.So, here we are. A battered, crippled Machop, trying to rub mud out of its eyes, versus my on-the-brink-of-finally-becoming-kind-of-good Silcoon. I'm so sick of the hax that I just want to white out and grind in the woods. I mash the A button, fully accepting my fate, and just try to focus on watching spoiled couples fight about the hue of white subway-tile backsplash on Property Brothers. A few minutes go by, and I look down at my scarlet SP, surprised to see Silcoon not only alive, but at full health. Machop has apparently missed Low Kicks while also trying to set up Leers, as Silcoon just sits there Hardening. Harden has 30 max PP, but is currently at 12....Fuck it, I say to myself.I decide to keep on Leering, with the idea to Struggle Machop into submission, and let Silcoon earn all the exp that's coming to her. But just as I decide this, Machop dips his face in the nearby sea and washes the dirt from his eyes because he lands two Low Kicks in succession, both crits. Silcoon barely is at half HP. A few more Leer/Harden rounds go by. Finally--finally--Harden runs out of PP, and I get off the Struggle. The battle has finally en--MACHOP EATS THE STRUGGLE. Silcoon is at 9 HP, Machop, is basically leaning on the tall grass to stay upright. Low Kick, CRIT, SHIT, FUCK, SILCOON DOESN'T CARE, LIVES ON 2 HP, GETS OFF STRUGGLE, RECOIL BRINGS SILCOON TO 1 HP, AND TAKES OUT THE MACHOP.Dust settles. A bead of sweat trickles down my forehead. Silcoon gains all of the exp, enough to reach level 10, and subsequently transforms it into the harbinger of destruction it was destined to become. I now own an innocuously vicious Beautifly.To be continued... Thank you for reading/enduring/experiencing.TL;DR: Silcoon with only Harden struggles to defy all odds and knock out an obviously-juicing Machop. By the grace of Arceus, Silcoon realizes its potential.EDIT: Formatting, grammar. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2oNo2n6
"My most annoyingly amazing in-game battle to date." "My most annoyingly amazing in-game battle to date." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:36 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.