Ads Top

"PSA: Don't assume you know the spoofers"


#PokemonGO: My town has spoofers and multi-accounters. Some are very obvious, such as a certain Valor player had 30 100% maxed Blisseys on Day 3 of gen 2. I thought I knew who spoofed and who didn't. There is a group of Instinct accounts I had placed under the same umbrella. There are five of them, all in the 30s, and each has a name that is a variation of StrawberryFitz. Well, it's actually a different fruit and a different surname, but you get the picture. I never saw them, they moved from gym to gym extremely fast, and we had contested gyms at the same time. It was not until I was at a Tyranitar raid that I encountered them: It was a family, all in a car. I talked to them a bit, and it seems they drive around taking gyms as a band all the time. I learned to recognize their car, and when contesting gyms with them at later points, was always able to spot it. We have become fast friends, even though we kick each other out of gyms all the time. I'm glad I met them, I'm glad they're not spoofers, and I have learned from meeting many other suspected spoofers at raids that there are actually only 14 spoofers in my town compared to the 33 usernames I had on a list beforehand. So keep an open mind: Cars exist, families exist, and confirmation bias due to frustration at an unseen foe exists. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2t9g5Yx
"PSA: Don't assume you know the spoofers" "PSA: Don't assume you know the spoofers" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:56 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.