Ads Top

"Full description and log of "Erroring Out" when attacking a Gym where you have previously done a Raid."


#PokemonGO: Long time reader of the TSR, and although this isn't my first post, this is probably my first important/serious post here.In light of maaaaany people recently experiencing the erroring out bug when attacking a gym (especially this past weekend), I aim to describe my experience with it to try and come up with why it happens and how to solve it. TLDR: I mostly support the theory that the bug is related to carrying out a raid at that gym, but I'm not too how it is really triggered or what can be done to fix this error, as the gym's error message persists even a day after the raids.Yesterday (and this morning) I had my first occurrence of this bug, specifically on the gym that I have right next to my home. First off, I wanted to leave my pokemon on that gym, but couldn't at any point during the day because it had a raid on it every single time I went out to claim it. So, I started off the day by doing a Muk raid at around 12:30. Everything fine, no problems during the raid at all. Later, at around 15:30, I did a Magikarp Raid at the same gym. Something to note: the gym changed team a few times, it was red when the Muk raid was on, and later blue when the Magikarp raid was on.After a long day of raiding, I returned home and took down the gym next to the one I'm discussing with no problems at all (it was red at the time). Once I had that gym, at around 21:00, I tried taking down "my" gym; it was red and had two high level pokemon: a Blissey and a Snorlax. I managed to take down the blissey once with no problem, but them my app crashed just before fighting the Snorlax (as it is customary on iPhone 6...), so I restarted the app and attempted to take down the bliss once again. However, after I took around half of the Blissey's health, the red "error" banner started showing up repeatedly. I couldn't change pokemon, I couldn't finish off the Blissey, because although I managed to get its health down to zero, the timer would keep on ticking with the Blissey still there.Now, to the full description of what happens right after that: I tried running away from the gym battle, and "successfully" did. However, this leads to the inability of interacting with ANY gym at all. Clicking on any gym would give the red error banner again and again, without even loading the gym screen showing the pokemon in it. At the same time, the gym that made you error out will continue to show the "battle animation" with all the dust, electricity and rocks that usually appear when the gym is being attacked. Plus, if you try to heal the pokemon that you used on the "erroring out" gym battle, it will appear as if you cannot use potions on them, making the sound that you can hear when you try to heal a fully healed pokemon. The only way that I could exit this looping bug was to restart the game. Once I did this, everything seemed fine, I could interact with gyms, I could heal the pokemon (though I really couldn't, as you'll see later), and I could battle the same gym again. However, no matter what pokemon I chose for this new battle, it put forward the same pokemon team I was using against it when the red error banner showed, and it would appear as if I had been battling the whole time, because the time on the timer would run out and could as a win for the defending pokemon, returning me to the gym screen and leaving the used pokemon with the same health as before healing them. I could then heal them back to full and try to fight the gym again. However, the red error banner would continue to appear, and the whole bug would loop all over again. I tried this again and again for approximately half an hour, restarting my phone, freeing the RAM, evening signing off and logging back on to my google account on Pokemon Go and nothing worked. The only thing left for me to try is to uninstall the game and re-install it (which I haven't done yet, because I haven't had access to wi-fi...).At around 21:30 I gave up and went back home, later returning at around 00:15 to try it again. As expected, the same error bug looped again. However, another blue player came over to try and fight the gym as well, so we tried to join forces. It did not error out on him, but it did on me (as expected). When fighting together, I would get the error message and he would get no error message but he wouldn't be able to defeat the Blissey, remaining at zero health without fainting and the timer ticking until the time was over. When I let him fight on his own, it worked perfectly fine, and he managed to take the gym down and claim it. He left a dragonair for me to try and battle it, to see if the error persisted. The first battle was fine, managed to lower its motivation, but on the second battle, the error banner showed up again, and the bug was at large again. Luckily, another yellow player (and another blue player) showed up and took down the gym to try and see if I was able to leave a pokemon in the gym, and I did leave a Blissey with no problem. As a side note, none of the pokemon we were battling were spoofers, they were all known players, so it couldn't be an error caused by spoofers. Our recently formed group of two blue and two yellow players then went to the gym next to this one, which wasn't under my control anymore, it was red, and tried to take it down. The pokemon in it were from the same players as the gym that gave me the red error banner (save for one red spoofer in this gym, which was the reason why wanted to take it down), and I was able to defeat the gym with no problems. We let the blue players claim the gym, and I even tried to battle them again, resulting in no errors. I thought to myself that the error may be over, so I went back home satisfied.This morning my gym was red once again, only having a Dragonite inside (from another player that wasn't in the gym yesterday), so I tried to take it down with my maxed out Articuno, making it an easy and quick job. Again, then first battle went on fine, and the dragnet lost a bit of motivation. However, half way through the second battle, the same dreaded error appeared. I had to restart the game as usual to fix it, and tried again. I noticed something this time around though. If you are fast enough taking down the pokemon, you can defeat the pokemon before receiving the red error banner. So I tried to take the Dragonite down with my Articuno at full speed and succeeded to lower its motivation once again. I tried the third battle and again got the error message. Restarted the game, as usual, and tried to battle again. I noticed to more people left pokemon in the gym though, so I wouldn't be able to take it down. I tried the third battle against the Dragonite again at full speed and succeeded, meaning that the Dragonite was finally kicked out. I tried to continue over to the vaporeon, but it threw the error message at me again and kicked me out of the gym, leaving behind the two newly dropped vaporeon and arcanine. That was the end of that. I was able to take down to more gyms on my way to work and claim them with no problem, so it is only that gym that is bugged for me.Now, finishing off with a few notes. I think that the problem was doing two raids with little time in between at the same gym, because the day before this error occurred, I did a Tyranitar Raid at the same gym and I was able to battle the gym later with no errors. Another thing that people mention about this error is that it is caused by battling the pokemon that were in the gym DURING the raid. I can confirm that this was not the case for me, since I was able to battle the gym after the tyranitar raid with no problems. Plus, when encountering the gym yesterday and experiencing the "error", the gym was red, whereas it was blue during the Muk Raid. And the strangest thing about the "raid theory" is that this has already happened to me on another gym where I hadn't completed a raid recently, so I don't know what could trigger this error.What experiences relating this bug have you had? And most importantly, how long did you have to wait until that specific gym was no longer bugged for you?Many thanks in advance for reading and for any contribution to this topic, and I apologize for such a long post.EDIT: Minor text fixes, and for some reason I cannot get enough spacing between paragraphs via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2vvKjoP
"Full description and log of "Erroring Out" when attacking a Gym where you have previously done a Raid." "Full description and log of "Erroring Out" when attacking a Gym where you have previously done a Raid." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 22:06 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.