Ads Top

"A useful guide for going back to iOS 10.3.3 from iOS 11: I need my Go+ for the double stardust event"


#PokemonGO: Hello all, I was super excited yesterday to try out the screen recording feature on iOS 11 so I could start recording my PoGo gameplay. After updating to iOS 11, I instantly regretted because my Go+ was almost unusable. Thennnn Niantic dropped the double stardust event...So I looked for ways to roll back to iOS 10.3.3 while Apple are still signing the certificates (not sure when they will stop).I followed the guide here to move me back to iOS 10.3.3 and everything worked fine. I now have normal Go+ functionality back just in time for the double stardust event.It was not without hiccups though, below are some IMPORTANT things you read before doing the change.Always back up the phone before you start this. This process is not without risks, I will not be responsible if you lose any data.Make sure you download the correct IPSW file. Each iPhone model has a Global and GSM model and the wrong IPSW file will not work. You can find the right IPSW file hereIt's very hard to get into DFU mode on iPhone 7 (easier for older phones) and may take a few triesIMPORTANT An iTunes bug mean that your backups may be encrypted without you knowing. The password could be some obscure password you set up when you first got iTunes. Mine was a password I had not used for over 10 years. If you forgot this password, it may mean that you lose access to your backups. This is a well documented bug on Apple forums. In short, try every password.Let me know if you have any questions, and hope this helped.edit: I did plan to write up a step by step guide. But work commitments mean that I can't put it out until tomorrow (sorry). I thought it would be best to just post the guide I followed earlier and mention as many problems I had when doing it rather than repeating info and sharing later. Hope this hasn't offended anyone. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2xSTftb
"A useful guide for going back to iOS 10.3.3 from iOS 11: I need my Go+ for the double stardust event" "A useful guide for going back to iOS 10.3.3 from iOS 11: I need my Go+ for the double stardust event" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:22 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.