Ads Top

"How do we deal with travelers refuting reports incorrectly, and in particular single frequent spawn points?"


#PokemonGO: TLDR: People are refuting perfectly valid nests because they didn't find anything in 10 minutes, and ruins the value of the nest atlas as a resource.My thoughts:I've become frustrated after reporting frequent spawn points to the nest atlas. This is not because of complexity, but because of users who refute reports on perfectly valid nests.As an example I live 2 houses away from a small park that has literally 1 spawn point in it (it actually was two, but one was removed after a nest migration). I know the exact spawn time down to the minute it shows up. I open my app at 42 minutes past the hour and check to see if it's there and then walk outside. It's a perfect example of a what a single spawn point nest would look like.The first two migrations it was Charmander, followed by Magnemite, and then Shellder. I've been very specific with my reports noting that the spawn happens 42 minutes past the hour right by the gym in the park.I also mention in my report that like most nodes, there is a possibility it isn't the advertised Pokemon. Nests are not guaranteed to spawn the same Pokemon every hour, but this one for example you'll see 10-12 of the same Pokemon over the course of a day.I even mention that I wouldn't recommend driving out of your way unless you really need that Pokedex entry or the last 4 candy for an evolve.Long story short is I do my best to say the nest is only good if you are close by and want to drive past and maybe get Shellder, not to sit and farm like some other nests.This leads me to the frustrating part where I occasionally check my nest report and sometimes see the occasional person refute it after visiting once, and not finding the Pokemon. I've watched this node since the game came out. To put it bluntly, my reports are 100% correct, and they are wrong.So what do I do? Do I keep the nest updated only to have my findings refuted by someone who spent 10 minutes at the park? Do I give up, and just keep the info to myself?I feel like all I'm accomplishing is creating more traffic in my neighborhood and frustration for myself. I have other spawn locations I could be tagging, but if a single frequent spawn point is so easy to refute I just don't see the point in bothering anymore. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2dWHGJa
"How do we deal with travelers refuting reports incorrectly, and in particular single frequent spawn points?" "How do we deal with travelers refuting reports incorrectly, and in particular single frequent spawn points?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:55 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.