Ads Top

"[Go Plus] Go Plus and what it's good for at level 37"


#PokemonGO: NOTE: this is using a Galaxy s7, with app version 0.73.1.I picked up a Go Plus last week. I've found it useful for times when you can't play safely, for instance when you're driving. Tapping the Plus doesn't take my eyes off the road (the buzzes tell you what is happening). After a short time I barely even thought about it until it buzzed. I wouldn't have been able to catch those Pokémon or spin those gyms normally, so anything I catch is a bonus (it doesn't catch everything, but 1 is more than 0, so it's good). Also it seems to sometimes let me attempt a catch or spin beyond the point I would have been out of range.If the Plus buzzes a stop or Pokémon, I can tap it and at the same time, catch a different Pokémon or spin a stop on the phone screen.Speaking of the screen, it doesn't have to be on for the Plus to work. You can even go into a different app and it still works. You can even turn off the screen and it still works. It will disconnect after 10 to 15 minutes though, not sure if that's due to no spins or catches, or if it's due to the app not having focus on the phone screen. But I'm saving battery by not having the screen on.There is a good amount of GPS drift at my office, so being able to turn off the screen and keep the app "live" by using the Plus lets me hatch eggs while the screen is off as the "travel" still shows up. It does seem to be able to tell when you are "going too fast" though, so it doesn't overcome that.The Plus is much faster and can try more Pokémon in a short time, but this is because you only get one throw. You either make the catch or it runs away, no second throw.Which brings me to a small downside--you will use a lot more regular Pokeballs this way, and once you run out of the red balls, you have to stock up on more because the Plus won't use blue or yellow balls. I've had to buy bag upgrades, since when you spin those stops you don't get just red balls. And I have to check occasionally and ditch things I don't need to make room. Also, when I attempt a catch I use a blue ball, to leave the red ones for the Plus.That's my take on using a Go Plus at a higher trainer level. I hope this is useful if you are thinking about getting one. via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2y9khcL
"[Go Plus] Go Plus and what it's good for at level 37" "[Go Plus] Go Plus and what it's good for at level 37" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 21:20 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.