Ads Top

"Has anybody else played through the story making up your own plot while trying to ignore the actual game plot?"


I recently beat SoulSilver while ignoring most of the plot of the game and creating my own plot in my head.My character was a gym leader in a different region who specialized in Fire-type pokemon. In order to try to earn a spot on his region's Elite Four, he journeyed to Johto (and then Kanto) to prove his knowledge and expertise of his favoured type (Which I selected at the start of the game randomly from a pool of all 17 types).It was way more fun than the story in the game. Most likely because I have played these games so many times, the story gets stale to me. I caught one of every available fire-type. I only gave my phone number to other fire pokemon user NPCs (as if to recruit them to train at my gym). I avoided water whenever possible. I tried to play it the way I thought this character would really go about things. I put in about 65 hours total just having fun being this guy.One hard part was using HMs. I employed a very low-level wooper for water HMs and a dude let me use his Spearow to Fly on whenever I wanted (until I got Moltres). I kept them in the box unless I needed them and they never saw battle. Also, my team got wiped so many times early on by super-effective moves. It took a lot of strategy to overcome some battles. I did use some other Gen 4 games to get exclusive pokemon (growlithe) and to trade evolve (magmortar).I still had to deal with Team Rocket, but I just imagined it was just to prevent them from gaining enough power to get any kind of following within my home region.I had done monotype runs in the past but this was the first time I had reinvented the plot of the game completely in my head. I guess I'm a huge dork. Has anyone else done anything like this to any degree? via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2wnr1VL
"Has anybody else played through the story making up your own plot while trying to ignore the actual game plot?" "Has anybody else played through the story making up your own plot while trying to ignore the actual game plot?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 01:43 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.