"The outcome of a pathetic EX raid field test"

#PokemonGO: I am writing this post after a very disappointing day, to testimony what happened in Cambridge (UK) following one of the latest waves of EX raid invites. I will cut the story short and avoid all possible kind of whining to make the post as useful as possible for the community.I am a level 34 player, half-way to level 35. I am not crazy-committed to the game but I still play every day since the game is out.I got my EX raid invite on Thursday 9th November, around 11pm. It was my first EX ticket and clearly I was super-excited. The invite was for Saturday 11th November at 11am, in a gym I had raided in for a Raikou a few days earlier.I posted on the Cambridge local chat which has more than 1000 subscriptions. I did not get any reply at that time of the day, therefore I went to bed, quite sure to have plenty of replies in the morning. The day after I was surprised to wake up and find that many of the people who had raided with me at the same gym in the same day had not gotten an EX invite. Also, only one other player, level 35, confirmed to also have received an invitation. This is unprecedented, I thought, considering that in the previous invite waves a huge amount of players was writing in the chat, confirming the invitation. Fair enough. Maybe the other trainers who got the invite are not in the chat, there is no way that Niantic can send invites for a Mewtwo to two people only, I thought.The next day is already EX-raid day. I wake up, get dressed and go to the raid gym in a day as cold as a mid-Autumn day in UK can be. A few minutes before the raid another player arrives: surprise, surprise, he is a level 24 and unfortunately does not have many useful Pokémon for a Mewtwo battle. The level 35 player also joins and, a few minutes after the raid begins, another level “20-something” player arrives. That’s it, 4 players. Well, since we are here we might as well try, I said. I had prepared to the battle maxing one Gengar, three Tyranitars and a few other good counters, but I soon realized we did not stand a chance against the raid boss. We tried many times to defeat it, but no luck.I leave you to judge what happened today and think: how far can a field test go? As far as I am concerned, yesterday I felt like a lab rat. One of those who inevitably get sick in the first stage of a trial. My feedback is the following: everyone involved in a field test, as a minimum, should deserve a chance to defeat and try and catch the raid boss. In my opinion, playing with other people’s time is way out of line for any company.Clearly, writing to the Niantic support to raise questions does not help as they reply with automated or automated-like messages. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2mh17Ql
"The outcome of a pathetic EX raid field test"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
03:56
Rating:


No comments