Ads Top

"With the sale of the super incubators don't forget that for F2P players - quests are free quasi-incubators."


#PokemonGO: As someone who plays a lot of Pogo, enjoys walking/cycling around and enjoys just saving gym coins (barring a bi-annual ultra box purchase) I've completed 973 quests since their introduction and it has occurred to me that quests and the reward encounter pokemon are a small equaliser for F2P players versus people who like to keep 9 eggs running constantly.In the past I had occasionally used my free gold to buy a standard incubator every 3 days but stopped as I found I enjoyed amassing gold (just for fun) - it's why at level 40, I've got 4600km walked but only 1500 eggs hatched.However with the introduction of encounter rewards - these are all "free" and while I recognise there are a number of disadvantages when comparing them to an egg, there are also some advantages - I've "hatched"/encountered a lot more guaranteed high-IV pokemon in the short time quests have been available.Let's have a quick overview of the pros/cons of a quest encounter pokemon vs an egg hatch:ProsYou can usually "hatch" more quest encounters much quicker than walking 2/5/10 kms (though of course there are exceptions);The encounters just like eggs are guaranteed catches - and allow pinapping for extra candy (though not to the same extent as egg hatches which will give more candy and stardust);You can generally guarantee what poke you "hatch" ( I know some rewards contain a spectrum of pokes but I believe most are set pokemon) - don't want an aerodactyl? Toss that 6 new pokestops quest... don't want a skarmory/sudowoodo in your 10k - too bad! Want a larvitar? Keep that 3 excellents in a row quest... want a Bagon from your 10k? Sorry pray to lord helix for good rng;You can "hatch" while stationary (double edge case I think as I like the walking element to Po*Go*) - but if you're stationary at a pokemon spawn point then quite often a quest can be completed while you're not on the move. 5 nice throws? Just toss some balls while you're at a cafe (or if you're lucky like me - at the spawn points within your own home); andIt costs no coins! This is the biggest pro for the F2P player - it's essentially a freebie Niantic tossed to all players - paying or no. Kudos to Niantic! At the same time gold that you might have spent on an incubator could be used elsewhere - raid passes or just saving for an ultra box purchase someday.ConsLimited set of pokemon - sure we have Chansey, Larvitar and Dratini as the "premium" quest rewards but eggs obviously give access to a wider range of pokemon - though it's a double edge sword as you'll get your sudos and skarmories thrown into the rng 10ks.For some the skill based quests might be harder to complete than a straightforward "walk X kilometres" - I have friends who kept a Larvitar quest for a week before managing to complete it. In that time they walked enough to hatch a few 10k eggs even if just using the infinite incubator.But it seems to me that with the new quest system in place - incubators fall further down in the list of priorities for players and F2P players in particular - why spend 300 coins for two 3 use incubators when you could spend the same on 3 raid passes which might give rare candies, TMs and a legendary - none of which are in eggs.As for the saving mentality - my current gold sits at 7509 - it's just fun (for me) to see it slowly accumulate - I don't "need" any of the purchase-able items and as there are so few permanent upgrades I'm just not too tempted to spend any of the gold - I think I'll spend more than my bi-annual ultra box purchase after I reach 14,500 coins - it'll just be a fun amount to keep around (and pretend I'm a high-rolling wailord instead of a magikarp >_< )Hope the above is useful for players considering what to spend their gold on. Did I miss out on any other pro/con when comparing eggs to quest encounters? via /r/TheSilphRoad https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/8h7345/with_the_sale_of_the_super_incubators_dont_forget/?utm_source=ifttt
"With the sale of the super incubators don't forget that for F2P players - quests are free quasi-incubators." "With the sale of the super incubators don't forget that for F2P players - quests are free quasi-incubators." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 23:07 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.