Ads Top

"Why Pokémon Black and White are my favorite Pokémon games"


Pokémon white is my favorite Pokémon game (I will be referring to white for simplicity as its the version I had but everything I say applies to black as well). I felt like talking about this for a while. And while it isn't anything new I figured it be neat to start a discussion about this. Its the first Pokémon game it took seriously and I'm very nostalgic for it. Of course nostalgia isn't the only reason I like it so I will explain my reasons that I like it in differing sections.The Pokémon: Pokémon white has some great Pokémon designs. And although a few are stinkers (looking at you garbodor), most of them are well made and have a unique feeling. I personally think it was a good move to have only gen 5 Pokémon for the main story as that meant you where always encountering new Pokémon.Though admittedly this lead to some Pokémon being "filler". examples of these being Unfezant and Watchhog. These are the more boring examples of this, but it is an issue. But despite this, I think the good ones more than make up for the bad ones.Music: I think it goes without saying that this game has the best music of Pokémon game (the sequels count in this as well). There are so many tracks that take full advantage of what the DS could offer and are incredibly memorable. And another thing unique to this generation that I wish they still had was all the extra tracks for seemingly mundane things. Like when you run drums are added to the track. And when you fight a gym leaders last Pokémon it played a special theme. And the music for when your Pokémon is on low hp. These add a layer of depth that isn't present in any other generation.Story and Characters Ok to be fair black and white does not have an amazing story or fantastic characters. But that they do have is well made for a Pokémon game. Black and white introduce the trope of the friend trio and although they aren't amazing characters they are interesting enough and get development. Like when Bianca moves past her over protective father and Cheren gains meaning on why he is going on his adventure.N is easily the best character in the game. His backstory is interesting and his motivations for what he does are understandable. Ghetsis is your typical take over world bad guy. But the way he goes about it is uniquely despicable. And that gives you extra motivation to take him down besides the take over world part.Another thing that I love is the gym leaders feel important to the story. These gym leaders don't just stand in one place and go "Fight me for shiny thing" (no insult to the previous gym leaders". They actively take part in the story and are active in helping in the fight vs team plasma.Conclusion: I have given my reasons for why Pokémon black and white are my favorite Pokémon games. I don't think I've said anything unique but I hope I made a good post to discuss the quality of this game compared to the other generations. It also kind of helps that I have a lot of nostalgia for this game. Feel free to tell my your favorite Pokémon game and why you like them. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/2R16Gxk
"Why Pokémon Black and White are my favorite Pokémon games" "Why Pokémon Black and White are my favorite Pokémon games" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:59 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.