Ads Top

"Anybody else just "slow playing" as we wait for the game to take shape?"


#PokemonGO: Apologies in advance if you clicked just because you saw a title and were confused as to what the point of this post was... I tried my best to find a title that would best capture the purpose.Anyway, it seems that most of the active users on TSR play more hardcore than do I, and have a better sense of purpose while playing. For me, I'm currently L25, and don't get a whole heckuva lot of enjoyment out of many of the different aspects of the game at this point. For now, the most exciting thing is finding a rare mon (to which I don't have many - a 150ish CP Snorlax I caught at L23, a Chansey, and a Lapras). Despite living in NYC most of the time, rare mon finds are few and far between - and in fact none of the above were caught in NYC.Especially since reaching L20 (so my hatchings will be maxed out), outside of a collective half hour a week when I'll take over low-level gyms and cash in my defender bonus, I don't make any sort of conscious effort to play. I really just have the game going in the background of my life, be it watching a baseball gym, driving in traffic (when I won't be actively playing but just hatching), etc. I haven't devoted any significant time to studying movesets, especially in light of the the changes that indicate what we know today may be inapplicable tomorrow.I also haven't cared much to evolve rarish high IV mons despite having enough candies (for example, I don't have a Wigglytuff but have one 90%+ Jiggly), but this is sort of because I think I'm preferring to wait until L30 for a bit to see if I catch a much higher level one. Which in a way leads me to my whole point (I think?)... If you're not at L30 yet, is it worth doing much right now while the game kind of "takes shape" so to speak? Yes, the game could drastically change between now and January or whenever my pace will land me there, but as we await this buddy system, it becomes less likely this game will be getting rapid updates.All of the above is a long-winded attempt for me to ask: as I grind from L25 in my quest to reach L30 (which, of course, will be the most significant hurdle left in terms of gameplay), should I be "doing" anything other than attempting to accumulate high IV/high level mons, along with more dust and candies? I haven't spend dust since the opening weeks when the mechanics were still being figured out, and other than commonish mons like Eevees or Clefairys that I don't concern myself with wanting candies for down the road, as I know they'll be plentiful, I don't evolve mons now.tl;dr - Should the grind through L30 really just be about accumulating potentially powerful mons, dust, and candies? Or should I be paying attention to something else right now? via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2cH3p5L
"Anybody else just "slow playing" as we wait for the game to take shape?" "Anybody else just "slow playing" as we wait for the game to take shape?" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 04:13 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.