Ads Top

"I hatched eggs using My sailboat"


#PokemonGO: I'm a $0 player, so like many of you, I find the 5km eggs tend to pile up in my bag. I'm able to work through the 2km eggs quickly, and the 10km eggs go into incubators, but those darn 5km eggs do tend to pile up and are of course preventing me from getting tasty 10km eggs.I have an old sailboat which I take out for weekend trips a fair bit over the summer. After having read the stories from people who have played PoGo on cruise ships, etc, I figured I'd see what happened if I loaded the game while on the water.I didn't see any Pokémon spawn on water (although I believe some of the cruise ship users have mentioned you can spawn them with incense). What I did notice, though, was that my eggs would count the distance travelled.This is particularly handy because my sailboat motors at a slow, steady 5 knots (~6 miles/hour, or ~9-10 km/h). It also travels in a straight line most of the time.I travelled about 70km round-trip over the weekend and was able to hatch all 9 of the 5km eggs in my bag. It was a handy way to clear out the bag and when I was back in the city, I was able to re-fill my bag with a better mix - a couple 10km eggs, a bunch of 2km eggs which I was able to work off quickly, and I'm getting the 5km eggs piling up again now. It was a nice way to turn over the backlog, and hatch myself a bunch of cool 'mons (Exeggcute, Vulpix, Ponyta, etc).In terms of my setup, I have a USB charger plug on the boat so I just left my phone plugged in, and turned the screen 'sleep' time to 10 minutes so I didn't need to watch it constantly. Make sure you turn down screen brightness, though, because the combination of charging and screen brightness made my phone (Samsung S4) hot enough that it shut itself off a couple times. I'd only have to check it occasionally to see my progress, load the next egg into the incubator, etc.It was a handy way to get some extra mileage out of a trip I was taking anyway, and it took barely any attention on my part so I was still able to drive the boat and socialize with my friends that had come along as normal (less a bit of ribbing for playing pokemon!).TL:DR - you can hatch eggs on a slow-moving (9-10km/h) boat with minimal attention via /r/TheSilphRoad http://ift.tt/2c8V8Vx
"I hatched eggs using My sailboat" "I hatched eggs using My sailboat" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 03:22 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.