Ads Top

"Thank you, Gen 7, for Lillie."


Spoilers for the ending of Sun and Moon.While my mother did not merge with a giant eldritch jellyfish in an alternate world, for a long period in my life, she was an abusive narcissist like Lusamine. She's improved a little since I moved out and I've been able to set boundaries, but it was still traumatic for me. Like Lillie, she tried to make me into what she wanted, and I only recently figured myself out (doing a lot better these days though). So it was really cathartic to see a character like Lillie, who went through something similar to me, have such good character development and growth. It means a lot to me to see that someone like me, who got off to a bad start and didn't have a "normal" family, can grow, change, and come into her own. I also have a brother, and my mother poisoned our relationship for a long time, and we've only recently gotten closer. So even though he's younger than me, he is my equivalent of Gladion to me now. I'm sure there are other characters like this I can find catharsis through, and I'm sure other people can relate as well, but Lillie's story really moved me and I wanted to share. Wish I had a Cosmog irl, though.Tl;dr: As an abuse survivor, I'm really thankful for how Lillie's story was done and it's very meaningful to me. Thanks for reading. :) via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2h0N4Y7
"Thank you, Gen 7, for Lillie." "Thank you, Gen 7, for Lillie." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 06:12 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.