Ads Top

"I find it disappointing that people are mad about Pokemon Playhouse"


For those who don't know Pokemon Playhouse is an app for mobile devices that allows for activities with Pokemon such as cleaning them, making bands, hatching eggs, hide and seek, etc. This is the link to it if you are interested in seeing more of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smKrpqoDMyEIf the upbeat music and super excited voice wasn't obvious enough on top of the features shown off this app is meant for very young kids. One look in the comment section of that video you will find a lot of people confused as to why this is made and a small subset of that are very mad that this is being made. Comments like "Half the fanbase is over 20 so Pokemon needs to stop making kids games" and "This is a waste of money. Give us Diamond and Pearl remakes".I never understood why people just assume that the majority of the Pokemon fanbase is over 20 especially after the major rise of the fanbase thanks to Pokemon Go. Yes there is a bunch of people that are over 20 who like Pokemon (I will be one myself in less than a year now) but there is still a bunch of kids who play Pokemon. Example - I am the oldest sibling of a family of four kids. Each one of my younger siblings has played Pokemon and enjoyed doing so. Whenever they had/have friends over (the older one to the three stopped playing) they are bound to play Pokemon either through the cards, games, or toys at some point. My youngest brother is twelve years younger than me and started playing as young as five where he still couldn't read well and I had to help navigate him through the game. Also for another example my Mom owns a daycare and whenever I helped out during high school or during the summer when I'm off from college and wear a Pokemon shirt you will see a bunch of kids younger than five excited to see that I have a Pokemon shirt on. This franchise expands past the point of over older than 20 years old only by a long shot. Heck I am rather certain that a majority of the older fans who play Pokemon started when they were kids.I also can guarantee you that Pokemon Playhouse is not taking away any main series Pokemon game. We are getting one main series game this year through Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and we already know the next major Pokemon game is coming out on Switch (unless Game Freak changes their minds for some reason). A spinoff mobile app game for young kids is not going to take money away from the main series nor is it going to stop a main series game from being made (where was this complaining for apps like Magikarp Jump or did I miss that somehow?). Game Freak and the Pokemon Company/brand as a whole is loaded cash wise and probably either outsourced this (like Pokemon Go being made by Niantic) or put a small selection of their team, what I assume is big, to quickly put this is together. This is not to hard to make compared to a major Pokemon game so regardless it wouldn't effect any future Pokemon games in any meaningful way if it does at all.I can see very young kids who want to play Pokemon really enjoying this game. Just like I said previously my youngest brother started playing Pokemon when he was five but for that whole time before he could play he saw all three of his older siblings playing Pokemon and himself not being able to yet. The simple touch controls I am sure are very helpful compared to buttons which I find a lot of younger kids also have a hard time grasping. So yeah please don't get made at this game. It is simply just a different market and won't hurt you or your love of Pokemon in any way.tl;dr This Pokemon Playhouse game is obviously meant for very young children and won't hurt you, the series (probably will help it if anything), or any future games in any way. via /r/pokemon http://ift.tt/2wBM1JT
"I find it disappointing that people are mad about Pokemon Playhouse" "I find it disappointing that people are mad about Pokemon Playhouse" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 08:48 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.