Ads Top

"A different Culture of EX Raid: Hong Kong"


#PokemonGO: My home world is Japan, and I was sent to Hong Kong for 3 weeks cause of Work.Using my knowledge of EX passes, I didn't give up, and sure enough, I actually got a EX pass last week for today. On time, I arrived 25mins earlier at a Gym in 'Kowloon Park'.25 mins in, in Japan I be expecting 6-10 people sitting around easily identifable as POGO players. though this time, I saw none. There was an old man on a bench, and I do not think he is a player... he is probably homeless.15mins in, some people arrived, like 2 or 3, and I told myself... I be lucky to have a party of 8 this time I guess.5mins left, --- SUDDENLY--- The train of people arrive, talking, 10, then 20, then 30.. ending with around 50 people, and people quickly sort into group of 6s, I was kind enough to be included in a group too.1min in, the homeless man earlier swipe out his phone, oh wait, he has 2 phones. WOW.and to my shock, ALMOST EVERYONE in HK in this EX Raid has 2 accounts if not more. I was clearly the minority with just 1 account, there are a few others too with 1 account as well, but most have this phone case than can fit '2' phones side by side, I have NEVER seen such a phone case, nor do I know where people got it from.RAID started, RED has maybe 18 people and probably 30 accounts, Blue has 25 people and must be close to 50 accounts. I was slightly shocked by the culture here.The average age of the player also seems higher. In Japan, I be expecting people 25-40, in Hongkong here, I think calling it 35-55 is probably more accurate.I got my Mewtwo, IV 84%... not the best... but heck, this my only one I caught in HongKong, and I am keeping it as a Trophy.Thank you Hong Kong Community. You guys are a LOT more chatty than Japanese people. Like, a lot more.Very very fun. via /r/TheSilphRoad https://ift.tt/2xiyjwe
"A different Culture of EX Raid: Hong Kong" "A different Culture of EX Raid: Hong Kong" Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 17:49 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.