"Why Everyone Needs a GameBoy Cart Reader"

Like many of you, I was introduced to Pokemon back when the games came on colorful cartridges that didn't taste like battery acid. I poured hundreds of hours into my first couple Pokemon games - via car rides, family vacations, etc. Every few years I boot up my older games and flip through my PC Box, reminiscing. In many ways those older games are like a time capsule that brings be back to being 10 years old.Every time I plug those old games in, my heart beats a little faster while I wait for the system to boot. Will my save still be there? What if the CMOS battery died? What if the connections have eroded over the years?Finally this week I decided to do something about it:I bought a GBxCart RW v1.3 Pro.During the week it took to ship, I designed and 3D printed a housing for it.I also bought an RG351p - a handheld emulation device (shoutout to /r/SBCGaming).The cart reader arrived last night and after an hour of copying all my data over.... wow. My saves are perfectly intact, and having them on an SD card (and backed up on my PC) gives me so much peace of mind.It's also worth noting that cartridge readers are the ONLY way to legally obtain GameBoy ROMs. If you want to play Pokemon via an emulator but don't want to pirate, a cart reader is one of the coolest purchases you'll ever make. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/3ljLDpt
"Why Everyone Needs a GameBoy Cart Reader"
Reviewed by The Pokémonger
on
05:33
Rating:


No comments