Ads Top

"A story about my latest Pokémon, Steelix."


A dark humid Saturday in Australia, I finally get the TM for Thief and teach it to Crobat. Looking sharp, feeling good.I look online for Metal Coat locations, I see Bronzor has a 5% chance of holding it, so I make my way to Mt wayward and begin farming Metal Coats, after an hour I finally land the beautiful metal coat, ready to evolve my Onix.I heard through the grapevine that there are trade-codes for trade evolutions, after my hour-long hunt, I head and plug-in 0095-0095 to trade Onix for Onix, to get Steelix.I walk in the trade and I’m met with a long-haired gentlemen with a confident gaze however the droop in his shoulders suggests he too is early game, I look over at the trainers badge, Dwight.Dwight eagerly trades me and I can see he offers me an Onix, sharp with the eye, a beautiful Onix - I check it’s summary and I can see alas, it has no metal coat. An unworthy trade as I can see I won’t be getting my evolution.However, Dwight persists with the trade, I get the feeling……”Will Dwight trade back my Steelix? Is he just looking to add it to his dex?”Without a breath of hesitation I begin to believe Dwight has honest intentions. I feel he can’t get the metal coat, he wants to begin adding his dex and he will trade back the Steelix.There it goes, I send off Onix, I wait…..I count the time as it’s sent off……I know Steelix has evolved on the receiving end.Dwight trades me back, at last, I can feel a man of his word, I offer Onix……a strange owl is offered, Dwight presents Hoothoot.I pause. Without anyway to ventmy frustration, I re-trade hoping he will trade back my Steelix. I begin doing circles in the Union room to communicate the stress.Dwight ran as quick as Regileki to the portal to leave the trade arena, Steelix was never returned.I save and pause the game.I head back to Mt Wayward and begin the metal coat hunt, I push over odds and after an hour receive another metal coat.I head back and plug-in 0095-0095 and I’m met with Hayden. I see the trade window Hayden is offering Onix with a metal coat - we trade, then trade back. I now have evolved my Steelix, or as I named him, Dwight.When I throw out Dwight it reminds me that life sometimes isn’t fair. Every time I send out Dwight I understand people don’t always have the same intentions, but that’s okay - because in life you can’t give up.Dwight reminds me that people in life will disappoint you, but that’s okay, you keep going.Dwight reminds me that life is about growing from challenges, you can always build yourself up after a defeat.Dwight reminds me the important of grit and perseverance.Thankyou Dwight, you remind me that life is a beautiful ride worth living, and no matter what we go through, we must push on.- Aurora, OT. via /r/pokemon https://ift.tt/317ntZM
"A story about my latest Pokémon, Steelix." "A story about my latest Pokémon, Steelix." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 05:32 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.