Ads Top

"Today something magical happened."


#PokemonGO: I have played pokémon since I was very young. I am now 21 years old, and the first time i played pokémon on a GBA was in 2001, when I got the Pokémon crystal game. I might have stronger relationship with gen 1 pokémon because of the TV series I watched. Maybe also therefore the thrill when they released the game last summer. When Niantic released gen 2 last week, I traveled back in time when I played pokémon on a game boy for the first time. Anyway, this was really special for me, to experience such a big matter from my childhood again.Earlier this day something amazing happened. Something magical. I have a younger brother. He's 14 years old and have down syndrome. He don't have too many friends in our neighbourhood, so we spend a lot of time together. This morning I was helping my brother with downloading pokémon GO on his tablet. Later on after setting up a username etc. we took a walk outside. The first pokémon he encountered in the wild was a sentret. This moment was as close as a time machine as I'll ever get. The look in his eyes, how he studied it's movement, it's sound. I saw myself sixteen year ago as a young boy with the world of pokémon in front of me. This pokémon was the very first pokémon I also encountered for the first time in the pokémon games. The feeling as being one of the trainer in the TV series, the excitement of discovering a new pokémon and the feeling of catching it yourself. Priceless. I think I'll speak for many kids of the 90s when I say thank you, Pokémon, and the world you introduced me into. It's been a cool journey so far, and I hope the best is yet to come.First of all, I want to excuse my potato english. I'm from Norway, and we ain't known for proper english. And second, I hope you enjoyed my story of how this game brought such emotions through sixteen years. via /r/pokemongo http://ift.tt/2kS7wjQ
"Today something magical happened." "Today something magical happened." Reviewed by The Pokémonger on 09:38 Rating: 5

No comments

Hey Everybody!

Welcome to the space of Pokémonger! We're all grateful to Pokémon & Niantic for developing Pokémon GO. This site is made up of fan posts, updates, tips and memes curated from the web! This site is not affiliated with Pokémon GO or its makers, just a fan site collecting everything a fan would like. Drop a word if you want to feature anything! Cheers.